legaltrot respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes: (a) the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use the legaltrot Platform (”Platform”) and (b) Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This policy applies only to information we collect in this Platform, in e-mail,
text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this Platform, website, help desk, and any other related sources. Your privacy is critically important to us. At legaltrot, LLC. (“Company” or “we”) we have a few fundamental principles:
1. We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
2. We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- Website Visitor
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- How we Use this Information. Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
a. Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
b. Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal
c. Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
d. Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
e. The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Advertising Services: We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form/adjust your user preferences in your account profile. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Location Services: We use location information when you use the Services for seeking court coverage or providing court coverage, we collect precise location data about the trip from the legaltrot app used by the Coverage Attorney. If you permit the legaltrot app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“mobile platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Contacts’ Information: If you permit the legaltrot app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, by way of example only, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: legaltrot facilitates communications between Providers and Coverage Attorney and with Job Posters and Job Seekers. In connection with facilitating this service, legaltrot receives call and email data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, both users’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the legaltrot Platform, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features, pages viewed, system activity such as app crashes, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Data Security: We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and block
- Business Transfer: If legaltrot, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that legaltrot goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of legaltrot may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Promotion by the Company: If you do not want us to use your e-mail address/CONTACT INFORMATION to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by OPT-OUT METHOD. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail or text message stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update/Delete/Revise/Correct Information: You may also send us an e-mail at E-MAIL ADDRESS to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.